Edmond PANARITI (1960)
Graduated (1984) from the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Univ. of Agriculture, Tirana, Albania.
SCIENTIFIC DEGREES AND TITLES
Full Professor of Toxicology (2000)
Associate Professor of Toxicology (1995)
Doctor of Science, Thesis title: “Tissue distribution and Milk secretion of 131 I in ruminants following their experimental exposure” (1993)
TRAINING AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Fulbright Research Grant in Toxicology, University of Mississipi, Department of Veterinary Science
Introduction to Environmental Epidemiology. ( One week training course, Institute of Public Health,) Tirana Albania.
Hungary. . “Environmental Policy”- training course organized by US Environmental Protection Agency in Risk Assessment and Management. Diploma.
Fulbright Research Grant in Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Department of Veterinary Sciences. Kentucky USA.
Research project in Analytical Toxicology (Coumarine based rodenticides and colchicine analytical determination on different matrixes), Institute of Toxicology, University of Zürich, Switzerland.
Training course in Radioisotopes use in Biology. University of Zürich, Switzerland.
Training in Analytical Toxicology, Institute of Toxicology, Zürich. Switzerland.
Training in Radiometry and Radiochemistry. Institute of Nuclear Physics Tirana/Albania.
English, German, Italian, French (respective post-graduate language certificate).
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Member of The National Food Safety Board (1999)
Member of the New York Academy of Sciences,USA (1998)
Secretary of Scientific Council, Institute of Veterinary Research (1998)
Member of the Ecological Club, Albania (1996)
Member of the Public Health Society, Albania (1996)
Member of Scientific Council at the Institute of Veterinary Research (1992-1995)
Member of the Management Board of the Institute of Veterinary Research (1992-1995)
Member of Joint Twin Project Foundation, Horst. The Netherlands (1991 to date)
Editor in Chief of the scientific journal "Veterinaria" (1999)
Deputy/Director Institute of Veterinary Research (1998 to date)
Head, Food Safety Section, Institute of Public Health, Tirana /Albania (1996-1998)
Head, Department of Environmental Toxicology, Institute of Veterinary Research, Tirana, Albania (1992-1995)
Researcher, same department as above (1991-1992)
Researcher, Department of Radiobiology, Institute of Veterinary Research, Tirana /Albania (1984-1989)
SCIENTIFIC TRAINING AND LEADERSHIP RECORD
Trainer in Environmental Policy
Scientific leadership of several “Master of Science” thesis and “Doctorates”
Lecturer in postgraduates courses at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Participation and contribution in several international conferences. Multiple invitations from foreign universities as an academic guest for holding lectures and seminars.
Lecturer at the faculty of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Agriculture in Tirana and in multiple postgraduate courses.
RESEARCH WORK AND STUDIES
16 in Albania , 7 abroad.
A. .Booklets and books
1. Panariti E. (1984) “ The Implementation of a growth inhibition test for the determination of the antibiotic residues in meats” M.D. thesis. University of Agriculture of Tirana/Albania 54 pp (language Albanian, summary English).
2. Panariti E. (1988) “ Secretion of radio-iodine 131 I into milk of small ruminants following the experimental contamination” Booklets and Textbooks printing house Tirana/Albania. 30 pp. (language Albanian).
3. Tartari T., Memushi L., Aliçkaj Y., Panariti E. (1990) “ General Biology” Textbook for Foreign Language Secondary Schools (English branch). Scholar Books Printing House, Textbook Publishing House, Tirana, Albania. 289pp
B. .Articles in journals
1. Panariti E. (1981) “ Artificial antigens and their labor synthesis”. “ The student of Agriculture” vol. 16, 4
2. Panariti E.( 1982) “ A Panorama on the current analytical methods for the determination of the antibiotic residues in the products of animal origin. “ The student of Agriculture” vol.15, 6
3. Panariti E. (1983) “ New considerations on the significance of the classical antibiograme test”.” The student of agriculture”. Vol.16,7-8.
4. Panariti E. (1986) “ The implementation of radio-immunoassays in the reproduction of farm animals”. “Veterinaria” (1). 12-13.
5. Panariti E. (1988) “Radioactive pollutants into the food chain. Lessons from Chernobyl”. “ Alb. Agriculture”. (1) 30-32.
6. Panariti E. (1988) “ The kinetics of the radio-iodine 131I in sheep and goats following its experimental administration”. Bul. Scien. Zoovet. (3) 97-105
7. Panariti E., Tuga I. ( 1989) “ Investigation in the distribution and excretion patterns of the 125 I radiolabelled vaccinal strain S. pullorum in poultry flocks.” “Veterinaria “ (4). 7-10.
8. Panariti E., Mone S., Tuga I. (1990) “ Infections challenge, immune response of anthrax vaccinated rabbits, following exposure to gamma irradiation.” “ Bul. Milit. Medic. 2, 23-27.
9. Panariti E. (1992). “ Radiation and Radio-mimetic compounds. In: Veterinary Toxicology. University of Agriculture publ. Tirana 152-172.
10. Topi B., Panariti E. ( 1994) “ Impacts of various organic and inorganic pollutants on the Albanian Fauna”. In “Current Albanian Ecology”. Tech. Rep. Publ. by “F.Ebert” foundation and Albanian Ecology club. 1-7,
11. Smith. R.A., Panariti E. (1995) “ Intoxication of Albanian cattle after ingestion of senecio subalpinus “ Vet. Hum. Toxicol. (5) 478-479.
12. Panariti E. (1995) “ The secretion of iodine ( 131I ) into the milk of small ruminants following their experimental contamination “ Deutsch. Tierarztl. Wschr. 102 (5). 198-200
13. Panariti E., Xinxo A. (1995)“ Screening methods for the detection of toxic residues in animal and plant’s origin products”. Alb. Agriculture (11) 19.
14. Panariti E., Zweifel U., Schlatter Ch. (1996). “ Determination of Warfarin residues in animal tissues through a thin layer chromatography technique”. Bul. Agric. Science. (1) 89-93.
15. Panariti E., Xinxo A. (1996) “ Investigations on the efficiency of a bioassay for the determination of the estrogenic activity in foodstuffs” Journal Medicine. (3) 100-103.
16. Panariti E. (1996) “ Calculated radiation absorbed doses in infants following the fall-out from Chernobyl”. Journal Medicine (2) 36-39.
17. Panariti E., Xinxo A. (1996) “ A quantitative TLC method for the determination of the hormonal residues in foodstuffs”. Bul. Agric. Scien. (4) 131-134 .
18. Panariti E (1996) “ Meadow Saffron ( Colchicum autumnale) intoxication in a nomadic Albanian sheep flock”. Vet. Hum. Toxicol. (3) 227-228.
19. Tabaku A., Panariti E. (1996) “ Lead intoxication in rural Albania”. Vet. Hum. Toxicol. (6) 434-435.
20. Panariti E. (1996) “ Tissue distribution and milk transfer of colchicine in a lactating sheep following a single dose intake. Deutsche Tierärzt. Wschr. (3) 97-98.
21. Telo A., Panariti E., Leno L. (1997) Incidence of Salmonella spp strains in imported animal origin foodstuffs during the first quarter of 1997” Bulet. Agric.Scien. (4) 125-128
22. Panariti E., Xinxo A., Leksani D. (1997) “ Transfer of 14 C Seneciphylline into sheep milk following multiple oral intakes”. Dtsch. Tierärzt. Wschr. (3) 97-98.
23. Panariti E. (1997) Warfarin residues in swine tissues from a breeding enterprise in Albania”. Vet. Arhiv. 67 (5) 187-191.
24. Telo A., Beli E., Dibra A., Panariti E. (1998) “ Incidence of Salmonella strains in imported poultry meat and eggs in Albania”. Fleischwirtsch. (3) 231-232
25. Panariti E. (1998) “Assessment of soil and water pollution from industrial and urban sources and related impacts at the Kune-Vain area”. Technical reports. Albanian Med. Vet. (2) 89-97.).
26. Panariti E., Berxholi K. (1998) “ Lead Toxicity in humans from contaminated flour in Albania” Vet. Hum. Toxicology (2) 91-92
27. Telo A., Panariti E., Leno L. (1998) “ Incidence of S. enteritidis in poultry meat and eggs in Albania”. Journal of Vet. (1) 16-19
28. Panariti E, Zweifel U, Poiger H (1999) "Risk identification and risk assessment of dioxins into the food chain of Albania. "Veterinaria" (2) 13-15.
29. Moka G., Berxholi K., Panariti E., Malaj Z., Biba N (1999) : “New methods for the diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis” La Selezione Veterinaria 10; 743-749
30. Panariti E, (2001) “Seasonal variations of Aflatoxin M1 in the farm milk of Albania” Arh Hig Rada Toksikol ;52:37-41
Note: Abstracts from the papees published in English are covered by the databases Current Contents, Index medicus, Biological Abstracts, Toxicology abstracts etc.